Top 10 Best Ultrawide Monitors For A Bigger, Better View
An ultrawide monitor is a monitor that extends beyond the sides of the standard aspect ratio. This type of monitor is more comprehensive than the traditional screen ratio but still has an aspect ratio of 16:9.
We spend over half our lives sitting at a desk or workstation. We need a monitor that can provide a clear and crisp view of the information we need to do our jobs. This article will cover the top 10 best ultrawide monitors that retailers and brands recently released.
Some of these monitors cost over $1000 and are the perfect size for a desktop or laptop. We’ll discuss their features and what you need to know before purchasing one of these monitors.
If you’re looking for a great monitor but don’t want to spend a fortune, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve put together this list of our top ten best ultrawide monitors. Each monitor has been chosen because of its high-quality build, design, and value for money. We’ve looked at how the screen is built, its features, and its specifications.
What is an ultrawide monitor?
Most desktops have a 16:9 aspect ratio. However, it’s becoming more common to see displays with a 16:10 or even 18:10 aspect ratio. A 21:9 ultra-wide monitor is designed to fill up as much of the screen as possible, allowing you to view the entire image.
Typically, monitors are measured in terms of width and height. Most computers today come with a standard 16:9 aspect ratio, or 16 wide by 9 high. Some, however, are being manufactured with higher ratios, including 16:10 (or 16:1) and 18:10 (or 18:1).
The difference is that 16:9 displays leave space on the sides of the image, while 18:10 displays leave no space on the sides, making it a 21:9 or 22:9. As you can see, these ultra-wide monitors take up more room, but they can give you a more expansive view of your work.
There Are Several Benefits to Using Ultra Wide Monitors
Using an ultra-wide monitor comes with several benefits, including:
- The extra width can allow you to view more information at once
- You’ll find yourself looking at more of your desktop
- More content fits on the screen at once
However, there are a few disadvantages to using ultra-wide monitors, including:
- The extra width can be a problem when you’re writing
- You may need to adjust to a different perspective
- It can be challenging to type with an ultra-wide monitor
How Can I Switch to Ultra Wide?
It’s easy to use a different monitor. You can plug it into your computer, automatically recognising it as the primary display. Drag your mouse to the edge of the screen to move the cursor over to the other side of the screen, or drag the scroll bar to scroll down to the bottom of the page.
It’s also possible to set your preferences so that a different monitor will always be used as the primary display. If you prefer the traditional 16:9 monitor, select the primary option on the display settings, and uncheck the “Use this display as my primary display” checkbox.
Top 10 Best Ultrawide Monitors
1 – LG UltraWide Monitor 29″
If you are looking for an ultrawide monitor with a laptop, you need to check out the LG UltraWide Monitor 29″. This is a fantastic monitor for content creators who want to take their content creation to the next level.
The large 29″ IPS display offers a wide viewing angle. It is almost borderless, so you can efficiently work on multiple projects without worrying about the monitor’s edges cutting off part of your work.
The display has virtually no borders and is a complete virtual borderless display. It means you can work on multiple projects without worrying about having a border around your work.
Furthermore, this monitor features a full HD resolution which means you can get all the benefits of a high-quality display without spending a fortune.
Additionally, the HDR 10 feature and the ultrawide 21:9 aspect ratio of this monitor offer a much higher contrast which will help you enjoy the best possible image quality from the display. As for connectivity, this monitor comes with two USB ports, audio, video, and HDMI.
This monitor is an excellent investment if you want a nice monitor for content creation, gaming, designing and editing videos.
2 – Gigabyte Wide Curved Monitor
The Gigabyte UltraWide 34″ Gaming Monitor is great for those who need a considerable monitor for their PC. It’s a 34″ display with a 2560 x 1440. It’s got a 144 Hz refresh rate and a 1 ms response time for that super smooth gaming experience. It’s got a 21:9 aspect ratio and supports a native resolution of 3440×1440.
Regarding connectivity, you’ve got 2 DisplayPort 1.4 connectors, 2 HDMI 2.0, and a USB Type-A hub with 2 USB 3.0 ports. You’ll want a display port adaptor to use these connections, but you can’t go wrong with these connections.
One cool feature that I like about the monitor is that it’s got a built-in speaker system. So, if you’re watching movies, TV shows, or playing games while sitting at your desk, you don’t need to buy additional speakers.
So, overall, I think this is a great monitor. The lack of brightness adjustments in HDR is the absolute killer on an otherwise not-too-bad monitor. If there’s a good deal that you can come across, I’d say go for it.
3 – Samsung 34-inch Ultrawide Gaming Monitor
The Samsung JS35SQ 34-inch UltraWide Monitor is great for home and office use. It has a full HD resolution and a great ergonomic design for users who want to multitask, play games, watch movies and edit documents. It features an AMD FreeSync technology to reduce visual tearing and stuttering.
The ultra-thin bezels and slim stand design allow the screen to be easily positioned on top of your desk, while the swivel stand lets you tilt the screen up to 180 degrees for convenient viewing. With AMD FreeSync technology, the monitor is compatible with the latest NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards and is also compatible with AMD Radeon™ RX Vega M graphics cards.
This is excellent for gamers and professionals who want a dual monitor setup. This is a great choice for active people on social media because you can easily have your chat application on one screen and your web browser on the other. You can also have an FPS game on one monitor and an RPG game on the other. With its 32:9 aspect ratio, you’ll have much room to show off your favourite photos, videos, and movies.
4 – Samsung 49-inch Odyssey
The Samsung 49-inch Odyssey G9 is a full-featured ultra-wide monitor with a curve that mimics the shape of the human eye. It features an ultrawide 32:9 aspect ratio, which means you’ll get a wider viewing angle than standard 16:9 monitors.
You can also open multiple windows at once, giving you a more immersive experience when playing video games, watching movies or browsing the web. Samsung QLED delivers vibrant, high-resolution pictures with more than double the colour space of sRGB.
This monitor comes with a DisplayPort and HDMI input to connect any DisplayPort-equipped device and any HDMI-enabled device to your computer. It even supports 4K resolution.
Overall, it is an excellent display for gamers but is a bit overpriced for what you get.
- SAMSUNG’S LARGEST 1000R GAMING MONITOR: Get your head in the game with the 49 inch Odyssey G9, which matches the curve of the human eye, for maximum immersion and minimal eye strain, and the screen space of two 27” panels
- CUTTING EDGE QLED TECHNOLOGY: From deepest blacks to vivid colors, Samsung QLED ensures pixel perfect picture quality with every frame; Utilizing Quantum Dot technology, it creates more vivid colors with 125% more color space compared to sRGB
- NVIDIA G-SYNC & AMD FREESYNC: With G-SYNC and FreeSync Premium Pro support, Odyssey matches every frame from your graphics card, so you’re never caught short from moment to moment
- DUAL QHD DISPLAY: The gaming world of your imagination made real; QHD resolution brings you a display as wide as two QHD monitors sitting side by side with incredibly detailed, pin-sharp images
- INFINITY CORE LIGHTING: Customize your Odyssey with core color customization to match your monitor with the rest of your gaming setup
5 – Sceptre IPS 43.8 inch UltraWide
The Sceptre IPS43.8″ is a great wide-screen monitor. It’s a perfect companion for anyone interested in having a super wide-screen monitor for their gaming needs. This monitor also makes an excellent workstation display. I use mine for my main computer display and Apple TV 4K.
The IPS panel can give you better colour and viewing angle than the average LCD. I love this because I can watch my shows in a comfortable position. Also, it’s ultrawide, so it’s easier to use the computer in different positions and get comfortable with that.
The Sceptre IPS43.8″ has a resolution of 4k by 3k, which is a lot of space for a computer to use. I know it’s not a big issue for some people, but if you like to use your computer for gaming, you’ll appreciate the resolution. You can play a whole game at 4k by 3k without any problems. The monitor is also very sturdy and durable, which is a must for someone that spends most of their time at the computer.
I do not have any complaints about the Sceptre IPS43.8″. I wish it had a built-in USB hub, but it’s not a huge issue. I like the looks of this monitor, and the colours are very accurate.
- IPS Panel: The IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel cannot be beat when it comes to consistently delivering top color performance & sharp visibility from multiple viewing angles.
- Aspect Ratio is 32:9 Super Ultrawide; Viewing Angle (CR≧10, H/V) is 178°/ 178°; Brightness (Typ.) is 600cd/㎡ and Brightness (HDR, Peak) is 600cd/㎡
- Ultrawide Display: Sceptre’s 32:9 Super UltraWide Monitor immerses the attention of a larger audience with a 43.8 inch screen that accurately resembles the contours of the human eye.
- Multiple Ports and USB Hub: The DisplayPort and HDMI 1 deliver up to 120Hz refresh rate, providing incredible visibility & agility to beat your standard player. The HDMI 2 and USB-C ports provide 60Hz refresh rate. Multi-task better and game smarter with a built-in USB hub. Expand your connectivity without having to reach for the back-end of your computer.
- HDR600: HDR600 (High Dynamic Range) enhances dynamic contrast ratio, illuminating colors up to 600 nits while displaying profoundly clear dark colors.
6 – Asus ROG Strix 49″ Curved Monitor
This Asus ROG Strix 49″ Curved Monitor is the best monitor for gaming. With a 39″ panel, 1440p resolution, and 144hz refresh rate, it delivers an immersive gaming experience.
The monitor comes with FreeSync 2 HDR that supports HDR10 and Dolby Vision. FreeSync 2 HDR is designed to eliminate screen tearing and other visual artefacts by dynamically adjusting the frame rate to the capabilities of your GPU. It provides a broader range of refresh rates than adaptive sync, which means that your GPU will never have to drop frames and eliminates screen tearing, motion blur, and other visible artefacts.
The Asus ROG Strix 49″ Curved Monitor has a native resolution of 3840×1080, perfect for 4K gaming. The monitor has a 3 ms response time and a 1000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, making colours more vivid and blacks deeper.
A unique feature of this monitor is the dual HDMI ports. You can use both of these HDMI ports for the same display simultaneously. This lets you use one HDMI port for your computer while having another one be used for streaming content from your gaming console or games.
This Asus ROG Strix 49″ Curved Monitor is an excellent gaming monitor and provides a great experience for anyone who plays games on their computer.
- 49” dfhd (3840 x 1080) 1800R curved Super ultra-wide monitor with 144Hz and free Sync 2 HDR for immersive, smooth gaming with DisplayPort and HDMI connectivity
- Aspect Ratio is 32:9; Viewing Angle (CR≧10, H/V) is 178°/ 178°; Brightness (Typ) is 450cd/㎡
- Displays 400 Certified with 90% DCI-P3 coverage ensure high Color contrast and cinematic color performance
- Marathon ready with swivel, tilt and height adjustability and VESA Mount so you can always find your ideal viewing position.Brightness : 450 cd/㎡ (Typical)
- Asus Eye Care technology minimizes eye fatigue and ailments with flicker-free backlighting and blue light filters
7 – Samsung 34-Inch Odyssey G5
Samsung 34-inch ultrawide gaming monitor is undoubtedly one of the best curved ultrawide monitors on the market today. With a 1080P resolution, 144Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time, and the curvature design that allows you to play a full 1080P game on the screen, this is the ultimate gaming monitor.
The curve makes it easy for users to adjust the monitor’s position and enjoy the ultimate gaming experience. Even if you have a desktop monitor with a regular shape, the curved gaming monitor is a perfect match.
You can also use the monitor for presentations, web browsing, and photo viewing. The Samsung 34-inch ultrawide gaming monitor has a 3440 x 1440p resolution, a high brightness of 400 nits, a peak contrast ratio of 3000:1, and a wide viewing angle of 178 degrees.
The monitor is very sleek and simple in design. The display features an IPS panel with the In-Plane Switching technology, a refresh rate of 144 Hz, and a response time of 1 ms. A USB-C port, HDMI, DisplayPort, and VGA are also included.
- WQHD RESOLUTION: The ultrawide WQHD monitor displays more onscreen content with a seamless dual monitor experience with a 1000R curvature to create a human field of view that gives eye comfort while gaming for long periods of time.
- Viewing Angle is 178° (H) / 178° (V); Aspect Ratio is 21:9
- SMOOTH TRANSITIONS: This gaming monitor has a 165hz refresh rate and 1ms response time prevents motion blur and creates a smooth gaming experience that can give users the winning edge.
- TRUE TO LIFE COLORS: This IPS monitor has HDR10 that creates excellent color accuracy that shows contents exactly as the creator intended. This brings game scenes to life and shows small hidden details in the lightest and darkest scenes.
- FREESYNC: AMD FreeSync synchronizes the refresh rate of your graphics card and ultrawide gaming monitor to reduce image ear and shutter and provides improved responsive experience for gamers.
8 – AOC 34″ Curved Monitor
The AOC CU34G2X is a 34″ curved VA monitor built for gamers. With a 3440×1440 WQHD resolution, 34″ screen size, and a 144Hz refresh rate, this is the ultimate gaming monitor. It’s also got an NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible panel that ensures that you will have no tearing or stuttering as you game.
The VA panel is excellent for gaming because of its brightness, contrast, and colour gamut. The 144Hz refresh rate ensures that you will not notice any screen tearing and can enjoy fluidity during gameplay. The NVIDIA G-SYNC compatible technology also ensures that your gaming monitor is future-proofed.
The stand is also quite versatile. It is height adjustable and supports both portrait and landscape modes. This allows you to place it where you want it to be.
The AOC CU34G2X has a curved VA panel with a vast viewing angle. This makes it suitable for people who love to watch movies, TV, or play games. This monitor also features a VESA wall mount, which lets you mount the monitor to a wall or the back of your computer without hassle.
Overall, this great monitor has many features and is extremely easy to set up. I recommend this monitor to someone who loves playing games or watching movies.
9 – Sceptre 35 Inch Curved UltraWide
The Asus PQ321 is a great monitor for those that need a super wide 21:9 aspect ratio monitor. It has a 3440 x 1440 resolution and a significant amount of space. The 100Hz refresh rate is also a good plus, as this will help reduce screen tearing and stuttering. Upon arrival, I did not find any dead pixels on this monitor, and I could not see any visual issues with a static screen.
The colours were pretty good for the price, as they were close to the RGB values I was used to seeing. I recommend this monitor for those who need to see many photos and films. I think that this monitor would be great for editing photos, but it may be too bright for editing videos unless you turn the brightness down.
Overall, if you need a super wide screen for productivity, then the Asus PQ321 is a great monitor for the price. It provides a good amount of space for your software and has a decent refresh rate.
- Ultra wide ultra slim curved monitor 21: 9 immerses the attention of a larger audience with a 35 inch screen that accurately resembles the contours of the human eye.
- 100Hz refresh rate with 100Hz refresh rate, images transition rapidly and smoothly while still outpacing the standard and reducing screen tearing.
- Fast response time playing Fast action games and watching action adventure movies always require fast and accurate Pixel response from an LED. With quick Response times, ghosting and blurring are reduced so the user can enjoy the display with clarity and precision.
- Amd Free Sync with free Sync, gamers now enjoy smooth video and seamless on the spot movement through their fast paced games. Free Sync is an AMD technology that nearly eliminates tearing and stuttering due to differences between a Graphics card’s frame rate and a monitor’s refresh rate.
- Fps-rts FPS and RTS are Sceptre custom set Display settings Built for an enhanced gaming experience. Fps (first person Shooter), RTS (real-time strategy).
10 – Acer Nitro Gaming Monitor
I’ve been using this monitor for almost three months now and am impressed with its features. I previously used a ViewSonic 32″ 4K monitor but was unsatisfied with its brightness, colour quality, and viewing angles. I was also annoyed that it had a fixed aspect ratio, limiting my vertical and horizontal resolution.
I plunged into high-end gaming monitors and bought the Acer Nitro XZ342CK 34″ curved zero-frame monitor with QHD resolution. It’s great that the monitor is adjustable and has many viewing options for gaming and non-gaming applications.
This monitor was a bit tricky to set up, but once I got used to the new interface, it became straightforward to change the settings and view the screen differently. The colours were vibrant, and the sharpness of the image was incredible, with no noticeable aliasing or ghosting.
I had a few issues with the brightness and contrast on the monitor. I would like to see it get brighter than it is. But, I like the ability to adjust the colour settings on the monitor to make the best of the lighting in my room.
Overall, this monitor is perfect for gaming and great for watching movies in a dark room. For the price, it’s worth getting one for yourself.
Size Matters: How Big Should You Make Your Monitor?
Although a computer screen may seem like a flat piece of glass, its design is crucial to your viewing experience. This is especially true for those who design or play games on computers.
As a designer, you’ll spend much time working on your computer. Whether designing logos, digital marketing content, or 3D models, it will display your work on a computer screen.
That means you’ll need to choose a computer monitor that makes it easy to view your work and the materials you need to create it.
You’ll need to consider two things when selecting a computer screen. First, the size of the monitor will be dictated by the amount of space available in your workspace. If you’re working from home or in an office with limited space, you’ll want to find a monitor that’s no wider than 30 inches.
Next, you’ll need to choose a monitor close to your eye level to ensure you look at your computer screen while you work. Make sure the monitor is high enough to avoid eyestrain and glare.
To find the right monitor for your needs, start with these factors.
Consider Your Work Environment
The most important thing to consider is the size of your workspace. To find the ideal monitor size for your situation, measure the width and height of your desktop, chair, and monitor stand.
Once you have the measurements, list the ideal monitor sizes you’d like to see. However, be realistic about your space, and select a monitor within your budget.
Consider Your Computer Settings
The next factor to consider is the type of computer software you use. If you’re designing graphics or video content, you’ll want a monitor compatible with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro, and similar programs.
If you’re using a Mac, you’ll want to ensure that the monitor you choose is compatible with Final Cut Pro, iMovie, and other Apple-specific programs.
Consider Your Computer Use
As a designer or game developer, you’ll spend much time in front of your computer. In contrast, you might find it challenging to use a tiny screen while gaming; you’ll notice the difference if your screen is too big for your workspace.
When choosing a monitor, you should consider your computer use. Are you designing logos and social media posts? Choose a smaller screen to make it easier to see your work. Are you working in an office where you have much space? Choose a larger screen to maximise your workspace.
Finally, the best option is a smart TV if you’re looking for a compact monitor on your desk or your nightstand. They’re usually less expensive than laptops and can offer an excellent viewing experience.
One of the most important things to look for when buying a monitor is whether or not it supports the ultra-wide format. There are three main formats: 16:9, 21:9, and 2160p.
There are many benefits to owning an ultrawide monitor. In particular, they can help you multitask and improve productivity, but they can also increase your enjoyment of watching movies and TV shows.
You first need to consider whether you want a PC or a Mac. Most of the monitors on the market today support both operating systems. If you are using a PC, you must be aware that many of the best ultra-wide monitors require either two external monitors or a 4K screen to be connected to the computer.
Several features are worth considering. These include picture quality, refresh rate, and resolution. If you’re looking for a monitor that will give you an extensive view, then you should try to get one with a high resolution.
Check out these articles for more information about the best gaming monitors!
Last update on 2022-09-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API