How do you go from being the person who “checks the words” to an active product team member that contributes to a better user experience?
Alex at Talend, a company creating software for data analysts, is right in the middle of this process. In this episode of Writers in Tech, he shares the processes and resources he’s using to build relations and educate people about UX writing.
Here’s what we talked about:
- Building relationships [3.47]
- Being a mentor [6.40]
- The tech industry and the recent layoffs [8.07]
- Proving the value of UX writing [10.35]
- Copy management in Figma [15.40]
- Developing a content design system [16.39]
- Professional resources [22.00]
Try our free UX writing course
Books recommended by Axel:
The business of UX writing by Yael Ben David
Leading content design by Rachel McConnell
The New Rhetoric: A treatise on argumentation by Chaim Perelman and Lucie Olbrechts-Tyteca